Total Pageviews

Friday, February 27, 2015

Creamy Tuna Salad

 


I just devoured this!  YUM!!  I grew up eating and loving Tuna Salad Sandwiches.  You know the kind, made with lots of Mayo served on white bread, typically with a side of deliciously salty chips?  Yeah, I loved loved loved it!!   In my adult life I have not eaten as much Tuna because frankly, I crave it mixed with that yummy Mayo on white bread with salty chips - all things I have tried to avoid and or greatly reduce in my older wiser 'healthier' life :)  Today the craving struck again, but this time I was determined to make it healthier, yet still delicious, so I could enjoy this yummy treat more often.  I am thrilled at my success in this endeavor!  I managed to cut out all the Mayo by substituting Avocado, added more fresh veggies: Avocado, Carrots & Arugula, and with all this flavor and creaminess the bread was not even missed; I can't wait to eat it again!  

You have probably already heard,  Tuna is great for your health.  It has an amazing Protein to Calorie Ratio - my can was 22 grams of Protein for a measly 100 Calories!   Then of course there is all the Omega 3's!  In fact there are lots of Health Benefits to eating Tuna.  So why not enjoy some yourself?


Amy's Creamy Tuna Salad Recipe:

In a large bowl add 1 tsp Dijon Mustard, 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1-2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar (I like using a lot!); mix.  Add 2 handfuls fresh Arugula and 2 handfuls of freshly grated Carrots, toss in dressing.



In another bowl add 1 can (5 oz) Chunk Light Tuna, drained.  Add 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 chopped fresh Avocado, a small sprinkling of Curry, a small sprinkling of Garlic Powder, and Salt and Pepper to taste.  Mix thoroughly.



Plate Arugula Salad, add Tuna mixture, and top with a few sprigs on fresh Cilantro and another sprinkling of Curry.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment